Saturday, December 16, 2006

Why am I single?

Good Q.
A friend suddenly asked me why I am still single and not seeing anybody etc.
Well my sexual orientation is "still" straight so its not that I am confused; but I really never felt the need to "be" with someone; but as all women are this friend kept plodding with Qs and statements like "why are you still single?"; "you should see someone you feel better in life" and the likes.
So it got me thinking; so much that on a Saturday evening (after a night out at Macau) I thought lets think this over and not go out with the guys for a beer ... wait a sec friend calling; ok it seems I am going out for a vodka now (technically still not beer); so will come back and fill this in.
I am still drinking less than 3 times aweek (I just change the Hindu and Christian way of looking at the week to my advantage ... refer to previous Blog "Things to ... 30")

Anyways in the meantime I had a bit of a chat with my friend (mentioned above) and it seems she is worried about me because well everyone we know is married and have kids (including her) and I am the odd one out.
So I am thinking out aloud and writing it here where ppl who know and dont know me can comment.
By the way just getting back to the travails of my night; as I mentioned this friend (above) is like a close one and so if she is concerned then I need to mull on it; so I sit with another friend (guy) here in HK and we talk about what all men mean by relationship and what women mean by it and so thought its not worth a night and watched some good movies and cartoons and headed back; okay ... I confess we finished half a bottle of Red Label but hey c'mon this is a Saturday night right.
But even after talking with my babe friend and discussing ends over some Red Label (maybe we should have had Chivas); I really couldnt hit upon the subject; that I think maybe its not worht all that thought.

Or is it?
What about you guys? You think being single at 27 is an issue? Comments awaited.

3 comments:

Still Searching said...

Def not an issue!! Considering almost all the women I know are married too... but I dont feel any pressure...yet!

Thats also thanks to the fact that Ankur and Zee are single as well :-)) heheheh..

Cuckoo said...

No honey, not an issue at all. Stay single and enjoy your life for as long as u want. And listen, marry only when u want to!

Zee said...

totally agree with ruchi!!! it's people around u. i dont feel the pressure coz a lot of my friends r single! the married ones don't quite hang out with me (hmmmmmm) but what the hell! being single is a goddamn lot of fun!!!