Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Love going home

I remember when I was a kid I used to be like so thrilled when I would see my dad come pick me up at the bus stop when I would return from school and I would rattle off like any 8/9 yr old as to what all I did and stuff and my dad would listen to me patiently and when I'd see mom I'd have the same enthusiasm.
Then as we all grow old the kiddishness vanishes but now that I have been living awayfrom home for nearly 6 yrs ... and about 10 months away from India; when folks come over or I go home I feel so thrilled; the excitment that I had had when I was a kid is nothing compared to now.
I love sitting and talkling to my folks and my aunts and uncles and being with friends ... but mostly I just love sitting with my mom, dad and brother and we just talk nothing just getting to know each other even though we have been there thru life.
But there is nothing like mom's love ... My folks visited me when I was in HK about amonth back; so when they were leaving the idea was that I would drop them off at the Airport Train and go back; so they sat in and all the hugging and khaana theek se khana got over and I just saw them go into the train. Then I am like what the heck yar and got myself a ticket and rushed to the train as only 2 minutes remained and then I saw my mom standing at the door trying to look for me where I was standing earlier and the moment she saw me her face lit up like ... so much ...
Its been almost 2 months that they have been gone and in 10 days I will be in India and I am so thrilled.
Just thought I wanted to write about it.

Love going home.

1 comment:

Zee said...

awwwwww.........what a sweet post! while living elsewhere and returning home is one kind of joy....even if u are staying at home, after a nasty day at work, it feels awesome to come back home to people who love u so much! there are times when i excitedly tell my mum abt this and so many times she tells me about her day.......feels good to just go home....even if it is just at the end of the day!