Sunday, September 9, 2007

Replenishing My Music Collection Need Help

This is from both an experimental as well as a replenishment mode -

Or easier would be if you could actually put in your favorite songs and groups and maybe I can do some search on their greatest hits (in case of groups/artists being mentioned); I also promise to burn the combined CDs for all those who seriously contribute.
Those living in Delhi/Bombay/Singapore I frequent these cities often so I can deliver it if needed
Those in HK; ah well anytime
Those elsewhere; I can have the same courierd to you.
I already have some 3000 songs/compositions; I plan to add another 2000 odd more and will have them burnt and sent out to you; and you can pick and choose what you want.

1. I will tell you the kind of groups/songs I listen to; so maybe you could tell me where I can download good quality (I use Limewire for English and Papuyaar.com - Thanks to Adnan) for now
2. What I listen to - Anything but techno and pop.
3. In rock music along the lines of U2, Metallica, Dire Straits, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, CCR, Def Leppard (some call them pop but I enjoy it), Bon Jovi (at times); Deep Purple; Led Zep; Nirvana, S&G, Dave Matthews Band, Aerosmith (pretty rarely); Alanis Morissette; Bruce Springstein; Coldplay; Greenday, Nickelback etc
This is what I listen to in rock.alternative.metal; so in case you have any thing more I can look up or if you have access ot songs which are not easily heard like Metallica doing covers on Led Zep or Bono singing Sweet Summer Wine; that'd be great.
4. I am into rap and R&B but those songs you get easily and I have more than cuss words for a decade.
5. In Hindi I am a freak for oldies (but no good site to download music from); esp the likes of SD Burman, Mohd Rafi, Talat, Geeta Dutt, Kishore Kumar; and this is where I really need help besides Western Classical.
6. In movies post 1995; which ones do you think have had good OSTs, I can easily access music on them; so if you have any prefered songs/OSTs do let me know.
7. Sufi music esp Nusrat
8. Last but not the least I have started appreciating Bach, Mozart and Beethoven; so any particular symphonies or if you think I can look up someone on similar lines; esp on the violin. Unfortunately not been able to really appreciate Indian Classical so much; sadly.

I know it s a lot of grey but hey its music! It should be like that!

Cheers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Hindi, try www.coolgoose.com if you haven' already.

Zee said...

u already know what music i like....and my newly acquired ipod is soooooooo helping :)

Cuckoo said...

For Hindi, try "Cooltoad.com" and for new Hindi (including remixes and pop) and tamil music (if you want!) try "Uyirvani.com"

Both are great.

And am going to send my list soon. Be warned!

Meera

Anonymous said...

oh, forgot to mention that you can also search for lots of songs on www.esnips.com and other media file hosting services... I have only used esnips, so know about it... :)

Cool said...

Shool, i am sure you are not expecting my contribution and MLTR will be missing from your 5000 songs collection....

Anshul said...

No CD for Zeeks.

Anshul said...

Liquid Oxygen/Cuckoo
Cool Toad is BRILLIANT!!!

Send in your lists mate/babes