Sunday, July 1, 2007

If lost please call +852 6299 ****

.... so reads the screen on my Blackberry
When my colleagues (who have lived in HK far more than me) would see this screen, they would just shake their head at the faith I maintain in HK populace ie taxi drivers etc; the usual comment would be .. "this message would get your phone back in Tokyo, but not in HK"
Ah well today I beg to disagree; I had just returned with my parents after a decent dinner, so a movie and sleep were the only thing on the mind; so when I get into my flat I am like, oh sh*t; I rush down to the guard room hoping they maintin a log of all taxis (unfortunatley not); but at the same time keep calling the Blackberry (which after 4 rings, the guy managed to switch it off)
But then when I have given up all hopes (and have reported to the police about the loss; in HK you have to report everything that can be linked to you, as lost if you have lost it; else if misused they take you responsible!); the taxi driver calls and returns my phone.
What though I really feared was telling my boss that I needed another replacement .. in the past I have dropped my BBERY in a pool; used it as an ashtray among other things.
Well I was totally surprised and gave him a handsome tip and cmae back up.

Then I sat to think how many times such miracles have happened ie when one has totally given up hope and well things turn out fine. and thus started the arbit thought flow
I was having drinks with a colleague and she said something very deep; she said we all crib (and yes we do), but she just gets up with a feeling that she is so lucky being where she is, doing what she wants and living how she feels like (she can kick my ass on the trading floor, but always gives me a sweet smile, which eases it down) so its not like she is a romatic; but yeah what she says is true.
So henceforth I am being positive; this mobile almost lost has regained my faith in humanity; well sufficiently paid, but so what? Look at the bright side right?
Of course I will still retain the attitude, but yeah will look at the bright side more often. Like am I above avergae in built? Well, not really just well fed; and ZK you are fat not well fed; you are overtly fed. Chaits kuchch sikha usse yaar.

Anyways, I am back in Bombay for 4/5 days; so Cool and Chaits drinks are on!!
Obelix I see you in November for sure.

By the way parents are here so have been watching all the brilliant soft movies of yester years; check them out Golmaal/Chupke Chupke/Jaane bhi do ..../Buddha Mar Gaya/and more.
and guess what is playing on Tuesday night?
SHOLAY!!!
At my house; so if you read this and are from HK; more than welcome!

8 comments:

Zee said...

hat re!

are u in luv with ur colleague???

Anshul said...

naah; but first time a woman out-drank me!
amazing time.

Cool said...

There is still lots of honesty left in this world.... it just depends who you come across with....
and I agree with her, we all should be thankful for what we have.... rather than cribbing all the time...

Unknown said...

Hey I love those old time movies...some how the ones today just don't have that sense of humor! Happy you are coming back...please bring some photos!!!!!

Zee said...

chal chal...i can out drink u anyday!

Cool said...

Zee'
pls don't joke....
anybody for bets??

nutty said...

Badhaiyan on getting ur BBerry back :)
And of course on the restoration of your faith in humanity!

Lou those old movies! And Sholay is an absolute Bible for Hindi movie fans!

Would be fun to see Zee out-drink you! lookin forward to the bets...

Anshul said...

* Zarreen Khan the day you can outdrink me will be a sad day for mankind.
ask Cool; I was in Bombay for hte weekend and I outdrnak everyone on both nights.
reminds me I have to go for a run now.
* Nutty, dont even blink an eyelid; ZK gets drunk on two small vodkas after which she just makes a lot of noise.
* Cool; great time mate; we should do this more often
* Chaits; yet again you ditched me