Saturday, February 9, 2008

Have you ever thought?

1. If you werent born to the same parents and family who would you be
2. Who decides that you are born as who you are
3. Who decides you will be a Hindu or Muslim or Christian
4. Who decides you would be born in India or US or Iraq
5. Who decides we are born white, black or brown
6. Who decides that the X chromosome will match up or it will be the Y one
7. Who decides you are born a human
8. Who decides that you should exist at all

I always try to think if there was something I could change in my life what would it be? Just one thing.
1. Would it be hitting my first punch which put me onto being overtly aggressive?
2. Would it be being the cause of me breaking someone's heart which I still feel screwed up about?
3. Would it be to getting back in the fight which I backed out of?
4. Would it be my career choice?
5. Would it be nothing?

If there was one thing God would come and say I could do what would it be?
1. World peace
2. Kill all fanatics
3. Take greed & jealousy away as an evil from all people
.... I would say point 3 here.

If you could be one person among the following categories, who would you like to be?
1. A saint like Mother Tersa, Joan of Arc or someone like them
2. A general like Patton, Caeser, Asoka, Alexander, Ghenghis Khan, Temur or Akbar
3. A politician like Gandhi, Churchil, Roosevelt, Machiavelli or Martin Luther (not King)
4. A celebrity like Madonna, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods or Tendulkar

If you could thank just one person, who would it be
1. God
2. Family
3. Yourself

And finally what would like to be among the following only one choice allowed
1. Sailor like Crusteaou
2. Pilot like Amelia Earhart (w/o vanishing of course)
3. Adventurer like Marco Polo

6 comments:

Zee said...

usually the questions i ask are pasta or pizza....dairy milk or malteasers...tv or internet.....but ok...ur questions are valid....hoping i would've changed nothing about my life

Chaitali Patel said...

wow...those are some serious questions...leave alone such drastic changes, I often question how things would be if I had made different choices in my current life...

nutty said...

Have you heard/read about "Existentialism"? It can best be described by the following quote -

"How did I get into the world? Why was I not asked about it and why was I not informed of the rules and regulations but just thrust into the ranks as if I had been bought by a peddling shanghaier of human beings? How did I get involved in this big enterprise called actuality? Why should I be involved? Isn't it a matter of choice? And if I am compelled to be involved, where is the manager—I have something to say about this. Is there no manager? To whom shall I make my complaint?"

To answer your questions, I think of all that and a lot more all the time! It really does make you wonder how much control you really have on your life.

As for regrets - no point na?

Anshul said...

Zeeks - no comments
Chaits - well no point thinking about things you cant change; the point of the post is what Nutty has brought out in her comment
Nutty - Existentialism talks more about the fact that you odnt really have much conrtol over your life; though the ton of the blog starts like that it quickly changes to choices; which I know no one can make but it all the same would highlight what sort of ppl you owuld want to become.
rahi baat regrets ki; I think if I am able to go and apologise to ppl I have hurt then its worth it. I've done so with a few and it feels pretty good.

nutty said...

:)

I tend to extrapolate the concept of Existentialism .. you can only choose from the options that are available to you ... so you don;t have the option to inherit the country of Brunei :D
so yes I really do believe we have very limited control over our lives and choices .. limited but not insignificant...

About regrets - behavioural or social mistakes yes I agree, me done that too ... does feel pretty good :)
regretting choices - no point ..

Anshul said...

Nutty - though I agree with you in part I would like to say that as and when we have exhausted the bare basics i.e. the parents & lifestyle and are on our "feet" to make choices; you say we might have limited control, but I feel those choices make us / have made us as what we are right now.
so I wont say its limited control. I would say we can always break out and be what we want to be.