Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hospitals and morphine

I was hospitalised for 2 nights this week .. it started off as a pain in the stomach to become a sever intestine infection which had to be operated upon
No one among my friends or family were told of this .. because I didnt want too many people visiting the hospital or my folks back in India getting worried and thinking about coming to HK just because of this.
But a few things happened while I was on morphine ... the pain was really bad, I actually thought I was about to see my tummy explode and an alien come out of it like it happens in all sci-fi movies, I, for the first time, thought about death ... and it wasnt pleasant.
I thought about what am I doing in this place, lying on a hospital bed while others are just wanting to spend an extra day more to make it their best day ever and so I realised the importance of living and being there for the moment.
And thats what I am going to do. Live it. And make it worthy.
Cheers and touchwood.
PS: an arbit post ... but hey thats where the morphine part comes in ... I am still on the drip.

5 comments:

Zee said...

please reduce alcohol intake to avoid living a life in the hospital

CandidConfessions said...

Have a speedy recovery. And take care
,as you said you dont wanna miss out on each day..

Unknown said...

Take care and get well soon!

nutty said...

:(

I'm still a little worried that you're in the hospital and refusing to call someone .. anyone ... to look after you ... I'd have had the whole world by my bedside!!

get well soon! and like zee said - kindly to be reducing the alcohol ;)

Anshul said...

I know you will roll your eyes but it wasnt the alcohol!
but yes I have reduced it ... didnt drink over the weekend and guess what was up both Saturday & Sunday at 6:30.
thnaks for the well wishes (sigh ... sniff sniff I am touched) but am fighting fit.

Nutty who wants the whole world by the bedside yaar; I would want them in bed with me (only hot women though...)