Thursday, January 10, 2008

Proud of being an Indian

I haven't tested the car yet; but I know how Maruti 800 cc revolutionised how the common man could view a car and OWN one.
Ratan Tata promised a dream to the average India which none of us bloggers are and he has delivered it.
All I know is that he delivered it.
You may say thats its a small one and thats it w/o taxes but think of the millions of Indians who wanted to own a brand new car and now they have a dream to live up to....
Hats off to Mr Ratan Tata for delivering it and I am so effing proud to be an Indian right now because this car is cheaper by HALF at least of the next brand new car ....
Mr Tata you will be remembered as the eptiome of Indian middle class and I thank you for that.
Best regards and wishes for you next endeavour.
Dhirubahi Ambani thought of making money from every Indian; you thought AND delivered the concept of making every Indian proud.



Mr Ratan Tata, you are definitely "Da Man".

Best regards & wishes.

5 comments:

nutty said...

I'm not sure if what India needs right now is more cars but that's not the debate here.

How good/bad this car is -

Technology wise no one is very sure how good this car is going to be. We know it wont run on a highway but then again we don't have very many highways in India anyways so that's ok I guess :) One article even called it an autorikshaw on four wheels.

but yes, from the perspective of catering to the consumer .. good show Mr. Tata!

Anshul said...

consider this typical Indian family way of traveling -
father riding the scooter, son on the space between, mom behind.
take an auto; I am very happy calling this car an auto; it then means goodbye to the noisy and polluting 3 wheelers as well.
and I cant understand why everyone keeps saying this - India doesnt need cars.
I agree we need more roads inner-cities than cars. (by the way we have too too too many highways coming up; the no of companies which come to me to riase money for this is like 1 a day)
The big business in India will be inner-city travel and you being in US should know that.

anyways; the point is that Tata has given it to the average family and who is anyone to tell them that we have enough cars when you and me own 2 ourselves....

Babes abhi to Indian middle class ka boom shuru bhi nahin hua hai.

Cool said...

agree with Shool who are U and I to tell we don't need more cars.... why not let's ban the existing more expensive cars also???

The car if delivers it promise will create a revolution in the world market not only in the indian market..... and people of India deserve it... and along with it I hope government are able to develop good public transport system also... can see it happening only in dilli nowdays... should start in other cities also....

I really wish that this time the tata's get it right the first time only..

Zee said...

more cars for me to hit on the roads!!! oh well....

Unknown said...

I think its a dream come true for millions...and yes can imagine the joy it will bring to the average Indian family. Very great achievement and hats off to the Tatas.
This has nothing to do with Nano per se but just that all these vehicles both small and big ones...don't even want to think about the impact on the environment!