Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Q of Marriage

I have been attending a lot of marriages off late - in less than 12 months - my closest buddy, my closest cousin, 2 of my batch mates and a few ex-colleagues have all gone ahead and said yes at the altar.
On top of that I have my blogging friends always blogging something or the other about marriage.
Also, HK - the great city of bachelors - has seen this rampant obsession of "settling down" - close friends now have families, I am almost always the single guy surrounded by married couples.
If the couples are Indians - the talk invariably surrounds kids, families visiting, shopping for the baby, and other expecting friends. I remember at a recent assembly of this variety - I got very excited when the talk swung to the experiences in the retail store "Toys R Us" only to realise that the parents were talking about their kids being excited and what I was actually refering to was my excited state ... there was an awkward moment of silence and of course, then I was again the bane of jokes...
If the grouping is not Indians then I am the favorite attack point of "someone who needs to get hooked" and rampant (untrue) rumors of being a man with funny tastes ... hmmm.
And since I have given up drinking - my bachelor friends have cut me off from all types and forms of interaction
So I thought I should let their be a blog that in case someone is interested in marrying an impatient, irritable and childish guy ever; then she should be directed to this blog where some important things about me are mentioned -
1. Weekends are for hiking, and being with the outdoors. Shopping in a mall is not Outdoors.
2. Boxing is a sport.
3. Bike is more important than a car.
4. Car is more important than a baby.
5. Pts 3 & 4 imply bikes are the more important B in my life.
6. No TV in the bedroom. TV is a conversation killer and my snoring will get subdued
7. Exploring and growing a relationship means you talk and I listen. My knowledge is non-existent and I would wish it remains so.
8. Tom & Jerry are actual friends, and not just cartoon charachters
9. No ogling at my friends - 2 are lifeguards and 1 an ex- super model.
10. "We need to talk" is the scariest statement ever.
11. The right side of the bed is mine so is the right side of the conversation.
12. My samurai sword remains in the bed room.
13. My dinky car set will only expand going ahead.
And of course I shall prevail (though I know all of you are thinking - "Wishful Thinking")

16 comments:

nutty said...

errr ... ok! Could you please set me up with your ex-super model friend? Is he smart as well as good lookin? :D

Of course I'm assuming this is a guy coz y wud u warn your wife against ogling at a woman?? No Ross-Carol thingy goin on here I hope :P

Anshul said...

... I wish!!
ex-super model friend is now married - Rajneesh Duggal.
but 1 lifeguard friend is not - a bit old (around 34) but he makes a few $mn

of course I will charge my commissions

SIM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SIM said...

Right... not a little but a LOT of wishful thinking there ain't it dude? Seems like your definition of a
wife = running mate. Much like my definition of a husband = handyman. Hopefully in more ways than one.
P.S: Also as Nutty asked, umm how about this lifeguard friend of yours :P

Anshul said...

Go on SIM make fun of me ...

PS you need to see what my gf replied.
Lifeguard friend ... hmm sure. Nutty ka pehla no hai uska baad its yours. but you will have to pay brokerage to me (since I am a broker) and also be nice to me.
Besides getting to LA, of course.

SIM said...

On the contrary, I am not making fun of you. I agree with your demands, I have much the same. Notice the handyman remark. Read deeper into it :) lol! Anyways, once Nutty is done with him, it's my turn for sure then right. I can pay you brokerage in beer...what say?
And getting to L.A. is never a problem. Cheers!

Anshul said...

hmmm... I have given up on alcohol; so no show on that part.
think of something else.
and when you say Nutty is done with him, what exactly are refering to?

Unknown said...

And you really think you're gonna find someone with that list put out there!!! :)

Anshul said...

seriously .. whats wrong with that list?
ok I was a bit harsh on the B word ... but hey come on! all else is fine right?

Zee said...

who the hell is this super ex model??? hain????
and looks like u're all set for a bachelor life huh....i thought we'd find someone despite all your pointers till u said no tv in the bedroom....where does a girl watch her saans bahu serials i ask you!

Anshul said...

ex-super model is now getting his first movie out. he is married and happily at that! Rajneesh Duggal.
When I am next in Mumbai, will let you know then you can also meet with him.
why shold there be a TV in the bedroom when there can be other better action? hain?

Cuckoo said...

I guess when you are the "cartoon" in the non-Indian group, Tom and Jerry may as well be friends!

Btw, these lists never work if they are less than 25 points long dude. 25 points means you have thought out your life well enough :) (Kidding!)

Glad to hear you are off booze btw. Hopefully you are not pregnant!

Unknown said...

hehe ,fun blog!
Also check www.superhypersonic.com :)

happyz said...

1. @ the end of shopping - You can hike upto the terrace of a Shopping in a mall it will be both hiking and outdoors
2.Definately one box from your future wife and you will start believing that boxing is a sport (Truly)
3. Bikes Definately that fits the budget
4. Baby will just happen - Cars you will have to work hard for ;)
5. No comments
6. have you ever Tried conversing with the TV?
7. Good you know about yourself... 8. Cartoons belive that surely :p
9. hmm Super model (Male/female)?
10.THE MOST SARCASTIC ONE ;)
11.If you are in marriage Q you need to be on the wrong side of the bed and on wrong side of conversation :P
12. No comments.. keep it..
13. thats ok !!
All the best.

Anonymous said...

ex-super model friend is rajneesh duggal..He seems to be doing pretty well with movies et all

Arent u the least bit offended that ur frens are making the moves on esupermodel and lifeguard and not u ;)
That was quite a list of great expectations..err.post BTW

Uma said...

gr8 list..but the point is, will u accept the same from ur wife :-)