Friday, February 16, 2007

Random thoughts on my life

Its funny how life takes off ... when I was a kid I never thought of life beyong JNU; hten Delhi and hten my only dream was to come and work in Bombay and thats where I was. I remember 2 yrs back I use to debate with my uncles on the non-requiremnet of venturing out of India as I have always felt that growth in India on a personal scale will be 10x more than what I could get abroad. so if anyone would have told me that I was shifting to Sg and hten HK even 1.5 yrs back I would be like yeah .. right and well here I am. Funny when you think that this time in 2006 on a saturday I would be sitting with a friend and discuss whether coffee in Lonavala or Khandala for coffee and now here I am sitting and thinking whether hike in Lantau or venture out to Donwuan (China)... though I still feel that India will give good growth opportuities but sadly India IS 10 yrs back when compared to China and 20 yrs back to the rest of the developed world; I am sure I can and will play some role in brdging the gap fast.

Watch this movie "In the pursuit of happiness" I thnk will Smith has beaten everyone with his role performance and apparently its a true story. Its maddening what the guy could do and has done. I want to be someone like that who can stand up one day with the air of self respect and be like; yeah I KNOW I have achieved IT.

Markets do a bad thing to you; you start looking at everything from a return point of view; I was always gung ho on picking up a Harley Davidson and had even signed up for a Fat Boy edition; then I thought I am paying X for it; it will depreciate almost immediately; in 1 yr I will get "X less 25%" if I have to sell it; whereas if I buy Reliance stock I can at least make 15% return from here; so Fat Boy is now on the backseat and yes ZK so is the Mini Cooper.

Two of my closest babes' in India will eventually be getting married someitme this year and then I will have no one to get drunk and disturb in the middle of the night. At times I feel they want to get married to save from this ordeal only.

I was in Sg for 7 months and when I shifted to HK I created a group on Orkut for my bacthmates from school (Don Bosco); and hten realised that 2 of my close buddies from school lived (literally speaking) at spititng distance from my flat in Sg. And even they didnt know hte other was there. So next weekend I am off to Sg and we are having an alumni party there!

When I was in Bombay; I had a cool set of neighbors and we used to party; kill each other; rob clothese wear them 34 times and return them unwashed; basically act worse than KG kids; but it was the simplicity of relationship of Zero expectations and 100% reliance on hte other which made us bind together so well. even now when I go to Bombay; we meet as if there has been no gap in coversation; there is no "catching up"; its just fun talk; serious talk about life and then "guys I really have to go; flight is in 2 hours" same is with friends in Delhi; my firends have 0 expectations from me but I know I can turst them 100%.

There is a small gang of us from my campus that I am still in touch with; would it be up to me; I would like to decrease it even more .. but have to be NICE as some of my cousins and friends tell me. Problem is that I cant be nice; I am an impatient guy who likes to see things straight off and tlak straight and not be worried about who thinks what; so when I meet some of these from campus I am amazed how shallow and inconsiderate they are to others' yet not many see that.
Niceties are for later; lets see what you are on the table and then take things up. For I know that when going gets tough I will be there for my friends and they for me; hte nice guys always back out first or suddenly have their cellphones off. Funny ppl; I feel sad for them. I rmmeber we had this huge fight in campus and as I was running with 2 other guys I just turned around to see who all was there and that was IT; 3 guys to fight 40 ppl and the remaining junta was just sitting there.

In my entire life of 27 yrs and say 12 yrs since realising that women are "fun" (I was in a boys school so by the time I got dis-interested in fights; it was quite late); I have been out on V Day only 3 times.
So this year in HK I saw like tons of roses coming in and going out of office I was like shit man need to change my life and SHIT man I cant be seen drinking withhte usual lot of guys I hang around with ... so the first prick was yeah well no roses to get or send and WHAT REALLY HURT was NO BEER!!!!!

Anyways; have a conference call coming up.
Next blog in a weeks' time; tonight I drink.

4 comments:

Cool said...

Guess the though of randomness started with being alone on valentine day!, There is lot more random thoughts than what you mentioned in the blog, but if at the end of the day you have friends with 100% reliance and 0% expectations, Your life has been worth living…..

Randomness around Valentines Day is quite common, ask the experts (read me).

Zee said...

2 of ur closest babes marry this yr??? kaun be??? mujhse kaun shaadi karega?

Still Searching said...

I don't see much hope for myself either!

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.